|Saturday, January 17th, 2009|
11:49 pm - A little late...Ode to 2008
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?|
took an amazing roadtrip, bought the hottest car ever
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
don't remember what it was last year, gonna try to keep it this year
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I wouldn't say close, but too many people I know that's for sure
4. Did anyone close to you die?
another blessed year, no
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
a new job
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
8. What were your biggest achievements of the year?
nice home, nice car, nice purse, nice life
9. What was your biggest failure?
I really didn't fail, maybe missed opportunities?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
the media for being the weirdest most ruthless thing ever
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bloomingdales? and gas tank
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I kissed a girl and I liked it...lol
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
fatter...hopefully on my ass
c) richer or poorer?
richer woo hoo!
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
decision making, taking risks
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
spent it with my family
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
23. How many one-night stands?
no time to list them all
24. What was your favorite TV program?
The Bachelorette, Design Star, One Tree Hill
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I'm sure I do, but I try not to focus on the hate
26. What was the best book you read?
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
a nice house, a nice car, a nice life:)
29. What did you want and not get?
a book published, a husband, the world on a platter
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
hmmm, National Treasure?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
23, spent the day with the love
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
giant everything...purses, earrings, scarves, sneakers
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
It's Britney bitch!
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election without a doubt, in an unexpected way
37. Who did you miss?
friends that keep scattering farther and farther
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
I am in control.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
That that don't kill me, will only make me stronger. I need you to hurry up now, cause I can't wait much longer.
current mood: tired
|Saturday, December 15th, 2007|
I ran a half-marathon and I feel awesome.|
New York was amazing. The race was amazing, I finished in 2.5 hours which was my goal time so I was ecstatic about that. The city is definetly a place only to visit I realized that too.
Life is crazy as usual but great as usual. I am passionate about everything I am involved in right now which is by far the most emotionally exhausting thing I've ever done, but it feels really good to care about everything that's going on. I've never actually had that before. Change happens way too often in real life, I prefer it to once a semester, but I'm starting to deal better and better.
|Thursday, August 30th, 2007|
Appreciating every day is really hard to do on a day-to-day basis. I think I've been making a pretty good effort of it. I love life. Everything is amazing.|
|Thursday, July 5th, 2007|
"We both know life is short. Too short to waste a single second with anyone who doesn't appreciate and value you."|
Please listen to that quote. If there are people or relationships you have in your life and those people don't appreciate and value you and give you back exactly what you give them than what is the point? I've never really had a stage of losing friends before, and I think this is kinda big for me. At first I was just sorta in shock and hurt by the whole thing. But then it made me realize if I had never really had this happen before that just means I kinda got along with everyone and didn't really care about much and didn't have strong opinions about anything. I think losing friends is a good thing if they are friends that don't want you to be or become the person that you should be. I used to value anyone that would just be my "friend", talk, hang out etc etc. As I get smarter I realize that a friend needs to be someone who brings you up and not someone that holds you back. I don't want to be held back at all, or told that I'm too much of something and not enough of something else.
I'm probably babbling.
Life is really hard but it is really amazing and I don't think I've ever been happier. I finally have that person who wants me to be better and who makes ME want to be better at the same time. I've never had those two things coincide in the same person and I think that's pretty big.
I set a really big, hard work goal for myself and if I reach it I'm going to be SO proud and excited and know that I can do anything. If I don't that will suck especially since I told my goal to my boss. UGH.
Alright that's enough of that.
Goodnite and I love you Sarah.
|Tuesday, May 8th, 2007|
9:19 pm - It's all Sara's fault
40 of the MOST Spontaneous Questions Ever, BE HONEST|
1. What do you want for your Birthday?
that's so far away from now but I guess I want a new car
2. Who will be your next kiss?
goes to the highest bidder;)
3. When is the last time you went to the mall?
Today. The answer is ALWAYS today.
4. Are you wearing socks right now?
5. When was the last time you went out of the state?
September to Atlanta to my RaceTrac interview
6. Have you been to the movies in the last 5 days?
7. What was the last thing you had to drink?
diet coke. The answer is ALWAYS diet coke.
8. What are you wearing right now?
Douglas t-shirt and shorts
9. What was your last purchase?
2 pairs of supercute supercheap sandals
10. Last food you ate?
Moe's for lunch
11. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
umm Jackie C.
12. Have you bought any clothing items in the last week?
Yes....answer is always yes.
13. Do you have a pet?
Fisher the fish
14. What's the last sporting event you watched?
NBA playoffs baby go Golden State!
15. What's the most played song on your iTunes?
prob Jay-Z Show Me What You Got cause I always run to that lately
16. If you could be anywhere right now, where would you be?
in a certain someone's bed
17. What is the last thing you purchased online?
umm a shirt on ebay
18. One thing you hate about yourself?
19. What's your favorite soup?
20. Do you miss anyone?
21. Last play you saw?
22. What are your plans for the day?
I had a million interviews
23. Last person you msg'd?
24. Ever go to camp?
25. Were you an honor roll student in school?
26. What do you know about the(your) future?
I am excited for it
27. Are you wearing any perfume or cologne?
Not anymore, just showered
28. Where are your best friends located?
29. Do you have a tan?
yes a nice one thankyou
30. How old do you want to be when you have kids?
Whenever I am happily married
31. Who was the last person who made you cry?
32. Do you have any tattoos or piercings?
7 piercings in ears and bellybutton
32. Have you ever drank your soda from a straw?
33. How do you like your soda?
34. Do you like hot sauce?
Not at all
35. Next time you'll take a shower?
Tomorrow morning when I wake up
36. What's the last movie you saw at home?
X-Men the last stand yesterday
37. What is your mood?
38. Are you someone's best friend?
39. Have you ever been to Virginia?
40. What are you doing right now?
|Sunday, May 6th, 2007|
9:00 pm - Sara <3
1. What are your initials? |
2. What is your favorite thing to wear?
matching undergarmets, pair of Sevens and a cute tank top
3. Last thing you ate?
4. How are you feeling?
loving, upset, claustrophobic, free, anxious
5. I say "shotgun," you say?
6. Last person you hugged?
7. What made you a little sad today?
A little comment
8. How many U.S states have you been to?
9. How many of the U.S states have you lived in?
Two. New York and Florida
10. Does anyone you know want to date you?
Yes, but love is so complicated isn't it?
11. Name something you like physically about yourself:
12. Do you like hockey?
hate it for some reason
13. Who is your best friend?
most of my friends I consider best friends but I guess Donnie/Jess/Sara/Aaron/Jackie?
14. Why are you still up?
Because it's only 9:10 and I'm a night owl these days
15. Who/what made you angry today?
My parents, Donnie
16. Favorite type of food?
17. Favorite holiday:
18. Do you download music?
19. Do you care if your socks are dirty?
Yes, I actually do
20. Do you like to sing?
LOVE I do it all the time alone in my car
21. What are you wearing?
Vicky's sweatpants and a tank top
hmm I don't think so I am not the type to find that attractive
23. Do you love anyone?
24. Do you like George Bush?
like but don't love
25. Have you ever bungee jumped?
26. Have you ever gone white-water rafting:
27. Has anyone ten years older than you ever hit on you?
every day, ew
28. Do you like going out to eat?
29. How much money do you have in your pocket?
$0, lots of plastic
30. How is the weather right now?
31. What are you listening to right now?
America's Next Top Model
32. What is your current fav song?
Buy U a Drink - TPain
33. What was the last movie you watched?
34. Do you wear contacts?
35. Where was the last place you went besides your house?
36. What are you afraid of?
Heartbreak and vomit
37. How many piercings have you had?
38. How many pets do you have?
39. What's one thing you've learned?
Life is NOT black and white...always always always gray
40. What do you usually order from Starbucks?
Java Chip Frappucino light
41. Do you like relationships or being single?
42. Have you ever fired a gun?
43. Are you missing someone?
44. Favorite TV show?
One Tree Hill, Scrubs, Friends, America's Next Top Model
45. Do you have an iPod?
mini and nano
46. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celeb?
47. Lays or Wise chips?
48. Who would you like to see right now?
Any BFF listed above
49. Favorite movie of all time?
50. Do you find yourself loved?
51. Have you ever been caught doing something you weren't supposed to?
53. Butter, plain, or salted popcorn?
54. What magazines are you reading?
I am a magazine junkie
55. Have you ever ridden in a limo?
56. Has anyone you were really close to passed away recently?
57. Are you scared of spiders?
they are icky but I wouldn't say scared
58. What's something that really bugs you?
thinking you are better than someone
59. Do you take vitamins?
60. Do you like Michael Jackson?
Why you wanna trip on me?
61. What's your favorite smell?
a certain person
62. Favorite baseball team?
Marlins, Red Sox, Braves
63. Favorite cereal?
64. Are you religious?
65. What's the longest time you've gone without sleep?
66. Last time you went bowling?
few months ago with work i LOVE bowling
67. Where is the weirdest place you have slept?
not too many weird places, couches and buses and floors?
68. Who was your last phone call?
69. Last time you were at work?
70. What's the closest orange object to you?
|Sunday, April 15th, 2007|
12:48 am - All about the energy
Our perception gathers evidence to prove that our beliefs are right.|
If you believe you are going to have a bad day you will have a bad day. Your mind is not going to look around for reasons to prove yourself wrong, it is going to pick up and remember everything that will prove your beliefs correct, no matter what that belief happens to be.
If no one has read about The Law of Attraction, everyone should. I rarely go on record anymore of saying I 100% support anything because everyday I've learned how much things change and how my opinions one day could be the exact opposite the next. But this way of thinking and way of life is something that I think everyone should at least read about and think about and know exists, and I think it will affect most people's lives. I know that it has insanely affected mine.
I've been focusing more and more on exactly and precisely what makes me happy and what I want. Like at any exact moment if I am not doing something that makes me happy I question why that is and then I try to fix it. If I'm with someone I don't wanna be with, I should leave. If I wish I was somewhere else and I have the means and time to go there, I go there. It all seems very very simple but once I started doing it I realized how many hours and days I had spent with people I didn't want to be with and doing things I didn't want to be doing and being places I probably would have rather not been in. It is really impossible to just live happily ever after. Stuff will always happen to screw up your plans, people will always betray your trust and your heart will always get broken. The real difference in whether or not you are happy is not in the big picture, it is in your day to day life whether you are enjoying and living how you want to be. It really is NOT about circumstance. Yes, I love my job, yes I am making enough money to easily support myself but those are not the things that make me happy every single day. I am in a horrible living situation, my family is beyond messed up, my love life has never been so confusing and I miss a lot of my friends. Circumstances are always going to surround you that aren't perfect. Nothing has changed significantly in my circumstances from a point where I was miserable to the point I am at now where I am genuinely, wholly happy 6.5 out of 7 days every week.
Check out the Law of Attraction -- google it or read the book or something but I reccommend it.
|Friday, March 9th, 2007|
1:51 pm - Time to Waste
I don't have orientation until 3 so now I have to find something to do.|
What has been going on lately? WELL. I want to the Justin Timberlake concert with Erica and it was amazingly outstanding. I want to go four more times and sneak closer and closer everytime until I am onstage making out with him on a piano. Britney makes me cry, I love her so much and I hope someone helps her because she won't answer my phone calls. But I think if people would just leave her alone she will be fine, we all go a little crazy but only a select few of us have the option of head shaving as an expression of our crazy while still keeping our jobs.
For the first time in my life I can honestly say that not everything is going how I want it to, in fact some things are going the complete opposite of how I want them to, yet I am still weirdly, confusingly HAPPY. For whatever reason I'm fine and I'm okay and I'm just doing what I can and having fun and working on getting the things that I want and getting rid of the things that I don't want. This might seem like not a big deal, but usually if anything is wrong or out of place I am miserable, and I guess the difference is that lately I've been having to teach myself that that will NEVER happen so I might as well suck it up and be happy today with what I've got and if I want more keep working for it. Life is very very good.
I am excited for this weekend. I am excited for next weekend. I am sorta excited for life. Am I lame?
Alright gonna go find something else to entertain me!
|Saturday, March 3rd, 2007|
12:25 am - bored
1) Are you single, taken or crushing? Is all of the above an okay answer?|
2) Are you happy with where you are? Absolutely yes and absolutely no at the exact same time
3) When you meet the right person, do you fall fast? YES
4) Have you ever had your heart broken? yes
5) Do you believe that there are certain circumstances where cheating is ok? never ok, you cheat you need to be out of the other relationship
7) Have you ever talked about marriage with another person? yes
8) Do you want kids? yes
9) How many? depends ENTIRELY on how the first pregnancy goes
10) Would you consider adoption? yes
11) If somebody liked you right now, what do you think you would say? this depends on entirely who the person is and where we are going to dinner
12) Do you enjoy playing hard to get? no, I'm so easy
13) Do you want someone you can't have? Don't we all?
14) Do you believe love at first sight exists? not even close, Love at 100th sight barely exists
15) Do you believe in celebrating anniversaries? why not
16) Do you believe that you can change someone? yes, for better and for worse
18) Have you ever wished you could have someone but you couldn't? of course
19) Would you ever consider getting married in high school? worst idea of life
20) Would you marry any of your Ex's ? definetly
21) Does everyone deserve a second chance? no
|Friday, March 2nd, 2007|
9:43 pm - Life hurts like hell and it's OUTSTANDING
"Confidence is a habit that can be developed by acting as if you already had the confidence you desire to have"|
Seriously I'm learning so much it's crazy. I'm gonna write a book soon.
|Monday, February 19th, 2007|
11:36 am - I'm bringing sexy back..
So. Let's see what has happened recently. |
I celebrated my 22nd birthday. My very best as of recently made it a wonderful day for me and I owe him the world for it. Having someone get you is one of the best feelings.
Today I went shopping at Target and ran into my former boss, aka the woman that was responsible for hating me from the beginning and firing me for no real reason whatsoever. I literally bumped into her and we made I contact. I certainly acted like I didn't recognize her, and I can't really tell what she acted like. Part of me wanted to punch her in the face for making me cry for three days straight and think I was truly going to be a failure in life. Another part of me wanted to thank her so much for getting me out of the world of 50 hour workweeks and having to be in a store on every national holiday insetad of with my family and friends. The biggest part of me wanted to thank her for changing my life completely. I remember asking so hard to God when the whole thing happened, how can this possibly make any sense? This was NOT supposed to happen and I don't know what I am supposed to do now, I am so lost. I cannot imagine living the life I was back then right now. I can't imagine having a job that I don't LOVE that isn't something I enjoy and at the same time challenging every single week. Not only has the job changed my perspective on life, but the people I have met through the job have DEFINETLY changed so much for me. I'm glad that God doesn't punish me too often for questioning Him when He does the things to me that are supposed to happen to make everything work how it's supposed to.
In lighter news, I'm going to see Justin Timberlake this week. I'm SO excited. I love everything about him except for, well, HIM. But I can overlook him to enjoy wonderful entertainment for a night.
I have no idea what I'm doing but life is really good. I've definetly never been able to say those two things at once, so I'm very proud of myself.
|Monday, January 29th, 2007|
12:07 pm - B-day
Someone definetly needs to buy me the One Tree Hill seasons on DVD for my birthday.
|Monday, January 22nd, 2007|
12:28 am - Words Of Wisdom
"In life God does not give you the people you want. He gives you the people you need ; to teach you, to hurt you, to love you, to make you laugh...to make you exactly the person you should be."|
I am definetly learning that the people around me are there to make ME who I am, not because I need them or should rely on them or should base my happiness on them. Understanding life lessons makes me feel old. I am not going to welcome 22...
|Tuesday, January 9th, 2007|
9:19 pm - Life
Am I alone in realizing that the Gators kinda sorta rule the world? Didn't think so...|
Since being on my own in this job (no longer riding with boss and training) I have realized one thing that has also been added to my life with this job that I didn't use to have and that is TIME. Traveling so much means that every single day I spend at least 2 hours, minimum on the road. Now some of the time is definetly spent with the radio and my rapidly increasing CD collection, singing at the top of my lungs. But I find a lot of the time I don't have the radio on and I'm not on the phone and I just kind of spend the time thinking and not being able to do anything else. Now, I'm aware that in college I had good amounts of free time but none of it was ever just forced by myself with no tv or computer to waste it. I've come to the realization that although dangerous, thinking time is very valuable. It makes me really evaluate certain things and feelings. What makes me truly happy and what I thought would make me happy and what the difference is between those two things.
Another thing I've become familiar with lately is hurting people I love. Not in the bad way or the way where I did something purposely, but in the way where life just happened. Situations arose where I had no choice but to end up hurting these people. It sucked to realize that no matter how much you care about someone and want to keep them in their life, there will come a time where you have to either let them go or deal with hurting them. In some cases you have to let go when you dont want to because even though you may still want them, the hurt is too great for them to still want you. Along with being upset about the specific situation, it also made me upset to realize that some people that you picture always being in your life may not have the same picture and can be out of your life before you know it.
Lastly, so many people I know are getting married and I think it's insane. Am I the only one that thinks waiting to at least graduate college might be a safer idea? I can't imagine getting married before you even know what your job is going to be like or what kind of person you are going to be out of college.
This entry is way too introspective for me. GO GATORS
|Thursday, December 28th, 2006|
10:32 pm - Cannot resist
|Friday, November 24th, 2006|
"As much as you want to, you can't rely on someone else to make you feel alive, it's an inside job"|
I'm thankful for everyone I love and for everyone that loves me. For the first time in my life I'm thankful for change.
current mood: restless
|Tuesday, November 7th, 2006|
6:23 pm - life is weird
I absolutely love my job. I am so very very very happy that I am not at Target and that I get to hire new people every day and give orientations and do things that I actually enjoy all the time. The people I work with are completely amazing and I never thought I would wake up and like going to work in the morning. I'm pretty sure every single time that I proclaim something to be true or not true God writes it down and makes it His mission to prove me wrong. And even though it pisses me off extremely every time it happens I'd have to say that I am definetly a better more balanced person because of it. The world is gray and not black and white like I wish it was.|
I feel really grown up. I am confident that I can take care of myself. I wouldn't mind coming home to an empty apartment everyday. I put myself first when making decisions. When guys hit on me (the hitting increases exponentially when you start to wear dress clothes and make-up every day) they ask for my CARD. What is obviously weirder is that I HAVE a card to give them if I wanted to (I do not).
My philosophy on life changes daily. Britney Spears filed for divorce so I am clearly distraught and today my philosophy is that every single person I know of is either divorced or unhappily married. I am never getting married. But the fact that I just said never, God just wrote that down and He's gonna get me for it.
I want a Sidekick.
If I haven't talked to you in a while talk to me! I miss people.
|Thursday, September 7th, 2006|
4:02 pm - Ch ch ch changes
Well it's kind of ironic how in my last post I talked about my instinct not to post until things had "settled down". I probably should have stuck with that.|
I got fired from Target. To make a long, ridiculous, angry story short: Me and the girl I was training with both thought our trainer sucked and we weren't learning enough, all we wanted to do was get a different trainer that wasn't sucking as much. We talked to the general manager about this very professionally and nicely. We were both "coincidentally" fired 2 weeks later. Now, I'm not gonna say I hate the store or anything like that, but I reccommend NOT working for Target. The end.
So I took a little hiatus and freaked out for failing something the first time in my life and something pretty big I'd have to say.
Danny and I moved into our own new apartment. It's very pretty and everyone should come visit us. We have a beta fish named Fisher and two little guinea pigs Roxy and Flower. They are all the cutest pets in the world and make me very happy.
I just got a new job. I am officially a Staffing Coordinator for RaceTrac gas stations and stores. I know it seems sketchy working for a gas station but the pay and benefits are better than Target and I don't have to work crazy retail hours. I work from home basically interviewing and recruiting. If anyone needs a part-time job you can work at a RaceTrac and we pay $9 an hour to do your homework behind the cash register:) Needless to say I think I will be happier. I start on Monday so we will see.
Life is insane. I don't expect anything out of anything anymore because I've come to learn that expectations only make you miserable. I'm hanging in there.
Now to Oprah because I looooove Tim McGraw and Faith Hill.<3
|Wednesday, June 21st, 2006|
1:20 pm - Life goes on.
SO. I graduated from the University of Florida. I said good-bye to two of my best friends in the world and I miss them all the time. I moved half into an apartment in Palm Beach Gardens with Danny and half back into my bedroom at my parents house because the apartment we are in now is very small. I am in my third week of training in Target's "business college" which is the extensive training program they put you through before they place me in my permanent store. Training is exhausting because there is no routine and new people every day is stressful. I'm hoping that it will be very nice to settle into my permanent store at the end of July. HOPING because in business college they tell us that because we are 21 and coming straight out of college and are going to tell 50 year old women that have worked at Target for 20 years what to do, they might not LOVE us right away. AKA everyone will hate us. I dunno. |
I kept putting off updating this because I wanted things to "settle down" so I could summarize stuff easier and then I came to the scary conclusion that that I don't really have a time horizon of when that is exactly going to happen. AKA real life doesn't settle down because there is no end of the semester.
Working 50 hours a week is NOT conducive to my normal schedule of 2 hours at the gym, 2 hours tanning and 4 hours of TV. It is more conducive to me waking up way too early, working way too long and going to bed way too early even though it never seems early enough the next morning.
I'm not really complaining though, I'm earning money and starting life. I would NEVER want to be back in school, the lifestyle change just definetly has slapped me in the head. Also I'm just impatient to get married and have kids and get this whole job silliness out of the way:)
Hope everything is going well with everyone else.
PS - Anyone who judged Britney Spears on dateline, you are a horrible person. Man if any of us were in the situations she has been in we would have handled it a MILLION times worse than she has. I love her. The end.
|Sunday, June 11th, 2006|
4:46 pm - Sara Lamonte
Happy 21st Birthday Sara Lamonte! (This would be in big bold letters if I knew how to work livejournal)|
Love you and hope you have a wonderful birthday!